Friday, May 15, 2009

Mamma Mia....MOTHER'S DAY!

It may be a bit late for this but "Happy Mother's Day" to all especially to my Mom., Ella Walkine, who has taught me what it is to me a great mom. I was not able to blog that day because for a while there was a connectivity problem on this end and I had no access. Major bummer but I'm making up for it anyway. (Let's just pretend that I did this on that day- nevermind the date)

Last Mother's Day I was pregnant. This is my first official Mother's Day and it was very special. Whoo-hoo I'm finally in the Mammas Club! Loving it! Let's see there were quite a few highlights to my day.

1. The moment Denison woke up and opened his eyes, he gave me the most beautiful smile ever. It was his way of saying...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOMMY!
Denny and me at church on Mother's Day Sunday
2. My Sister surprised me with a yummy breakfast.
3. Getting a massage from one of my Primary kids.
4. Receiving Flowers and a goody package for first time moms on behalf of the Relief Society.
5. Hugs, kisses and kind greetings from family and friends.
and so much more. The Friday before Mother's Day the church had a MOTHER'S DAY party and I had a great time. Boy did I boogie..... It was a great opportunity to shake off some of the baby weight. HA! It was a nice outing for the three of us.
This was quite a special day and now that I'm a mother I can relate to how grateful we should be. I love being a mom and look foward to everyday with my son. I reflect on the defining day I gave birth to Denison and the overwhelming love I felt and the way it grows everyday. I try to take in every moment I have with him because the time with him is so fleeting. It is so fun to watch his progression and how much joy and excitement it brings when he has learnt something new. Oh man... I feel so honored and blessed to be a mother to this beautiful child.!!! What a treasure!!!! I am sooooo in love..... again. I Some of the things I get really excited about is knowing that my son knows I am his mommy such as the way he lights up when he sees me or hears my voice or when he cries in someone else's arms and I take him he is consoled immediately when he knows I am holding him. I guess he knows my scent.....hehe These things among so many reassure me that I have a glorious purpose.


First, I thank my Father in heaven for the opportunity for being a mother in Zion and second I thank my hubby. (hee-hee naughty me) and finally thanks to all the other wonderful women in my life that have positively influenced this divine role that I have chosen to take. (ladies you know who you are ) What a wonderful calling to have as a women. I really look foward to my future as a mom and celebrating motherhood and the priceless rewards that I reap from it.

To my son, DENISON KAHLEL DEAL ....
MOMMY LOVES YOU AND IS PROUD AND GRATEFUL TO BE YOUR MOTHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment