Thursday, June 10, 2010

Toys R US Kid


"I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R US kid!" I totally understand why they chose this phrase because it encompasses all of what you feel when you enter this store. Today, Walter and I decided to visit the store to find something for Denny. This was a culminating moment for us as parents and we realized that this would soon be a regular stop for us. I wanted to pick up Denny to carry him with us but based on the advice of my hubby, he thought it would be wiser for us to go without Denny to avoid tantrums and overspending. I was in total agreement because seeing him cry would make us weak and then we would give in...but we don't want to raise him to be a spoiled brat...so we are avoiding certain situations and learning to be firm but still loving. The crazy thing is that I was still weak without him...We were just so fascinated with the huge selection. We even felt like kids again..lol! In my head I was already planning gifts for Christmas, his 2nd birthday, his big boy bedroom and beyond. Walter had to bring me back to earth because I was just so gone. To make this story shorter, we spent about 2 plus hours in there and it was hard to leave but our budget was tight so we knew we had to quit because we had an appointment to catch . So we ended up buying two "Elmo" toys..one was shake up laughing Elmo and the next was a giggle camera. Denny seems like he warming up to the toy but now I'm a bit confused. After reading the reviews on the camera... I'm kind of concerned about whether it was a good choice for our son. The concern basically comes from some of the phrases Elmo says which some say is too "adult" such as..."Give it to Elmo-Ya baby! -Work it baby.. work it!" The kind of things you would hear in an adult photo shoot... When we first heard it..it seemed too cute but now I'm feeling a bit guilty or am I being too uptight? Boy oh boy.. There is so much to worry about...I love parenting but it is tough!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOoooooo COOL :D Ronald and I went to a similar store last week, i always love going to toy stores, I didnt get anything for kay cause he have too much toys... About the elmo toy dont be oversensitive about things like that, we used to play ring play when we were growing up and they were talking about sticking sausages in there, where is there? So although, you want to protect your son's childhood it's best not to over shelter him, its just a toy dont forget it's not always what's said but how it is said.By the time he realises that it is kinda suggestive he will close to our age.

    ReplyDelete