Sunday, June 6, 2010

Special Sunday

I just thought I would share a piece of the day with you that stands out in heart. My faith increases more by the minute that convinces me everyday that the Savior Jesus Christ loves us. The gospel is by far the best thing in my my life and it has brought me so much happiness even through trials.

We had the opportunity to attend church today. It was fast and testimony Sunday and the spirit was so present in the room. It was wonderful! Seeing so many seemingly happy families come together has made me feel all fuzzy inside. It is such a wonderful plan that Heavenly Father has for us ..how could we not want to be a part of it because you can't deny what the gospel makes you see and feel.


The special highlights of the day were:


1. Just being alive to spend this Sunday together with my family.


2. Denny made me so happy and proud when we walked in the RS room and he recognized the picture of Jesus and just had to point it out and say..' Mamma..Jesus!" All I could do was hug and kiss him because I was just so grateful. This isn't the first time he has pointed out a picture of Jesus on the wall but I was just so surprised and shocked that of all the different settings and styles he could still recognize Jesus and I don't recall showing him all of them.

It doesn't matter if that we don't know what he (Jesus Christ) really looks like but how the idea of him makes us feel. If a 16 month old can already sense how special that is ...what more proof do we need? It feels so great to watch Denison grow and learn about the gospel and life. He is just such a wonderful child! I know with the guiding hand of Our Heavenly Father and in our efforts to do what is right concerning our responsibilities to teach him..Denison is headed in the right direction. He already knows how to fold his arms when we tell him its is time to pray and he repeats word for word the prayer.. How sweet is that?
(The picture of Jesus that I'm referring to is the one above)

3. The Relief Society lesson was so uplifting. It was on Gossip. With all the input by the sisters, it was a refreshing wake up call and a interesting perspective on gossip. I learned so much about how destructive it was and how so many little things we do which may seem harmless are forms of gossip... Many times just a simple conversation about yourself that leans into indirect info about others are just a poison. I am very grateful to have been present for this lesson because it makes you more aware and sensitive to information that may come your way directly or indirectly. I made a promise to myself that I would not take part in any form of gossip. When I left the class I felt like a whole new person.

No comments:

Post a Comment