Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday

Saturday Update
The family we are staying with have to pick up the babysitter at the airport and that was also convenient for us. So we drove together till we got dropped off at the airport rental port.. It was a pretty smooth process but the only gripe we had was standing on the line ..that felt like forever because " Dollar" seemed to be a bit short on staff. Shortly there after the line picked up speed. So after all was said and done we headed out to get into the car... We were so excited. Wohoo! We are driving a gold colored Chrysler Sibring.. It definitely snazzy and built for comfort... So first things first Walter strapped Denny in his child seat and I got out the GPS. It got a little crazy after that because suddenly we realized the cell phone was missing.. So Walter went to check twice at the counter...no luck.. I freaked.....that was our life line...lol
So instead I went inside to check and low and behold after asking the man to check again behind his counter.. there It was... A sigh of relief on my part because the cell phone wasn't ours it belonged to the family we are staying with, who were gracious enough to let us use it...plus the GPS was acting weird and we had to call them (they were waiting on us) to follow them home from the airport. So I called them back and let them know we were heading out...I am the designated driver on this trip and I know that a bummer on my hubby's part because he would love to drive but he didn't get his driver's license renewed in time and I am a bit more familiar with the road here but that was a long time ago when I lived here and somebody was crazy enough to let me drive..lol So It wasn't long into the drive that I had to pull over and let the hubby of our host family drive, they were afraid the highway wasn't safe for me as there was a lot of construction going on and adjusting to the really aggressive drivers... They wanted me to get a feel for the road first... Well I wasn't offended..that was nice of them to be concerned and in actuality I was a bit nervous as this was my first time.
A while after arriving home...we all had to head out to Publix to do some grub shopping.. It was just the three of us this time in the car and we followed behind. When we got to publix Denny got to sit in this car trolley... it was cute.... it had two steering wheels and Denny enjoyed playing driver while he got pushed along the aisles.. I only regret not having a camera on this trip..how unfortunate..we raelly need to get a new one.. Did I say DEAL! DEAL AND MORE DEALS.... and I am not referring to Walter's family..lol! Publix has some freakin' awesome prices....I'm ready to move here man!! Walter and I were famished and this was a bad bad recipe for disaster... We went insane ..picking up all kinds of food...some we may never get to finish....
Lesson: Never shop when you are hungry. Great part was at checkout ..it wasn't so bad.. We got a great value for our money!! 2 Thumbs up for Publix!
By the time we arrived back at the condo there was mania.. 5 hungry adults and 3 rascals who were also ready to eat.. We all crowded the kitchen as we proceeded to put away the grocery... The fridge was brimming over with all sorts of food. Nobody is going to be hungry here! The kids were so helpful ...well as for Denny being the youngest he was basically just trying to climb in the fridge...lol
By the time we were done... about 3o minutes later we were able to eat and relax until bedtime came around.. Not a bad Day!

1 comment: