Sunday, April 18, 2010

Discovery Denny!!














Today's highlights were all about Denny...

1: Today Denny wore his first Sunday best.....a whole new outfit (black dress pants, plaid button-down shirt and vest) complete with black dress shoes. Denny discovered how smashing he looked in the mirror and smiled. He looked so handsome!!


2: Today Denny discovered friendship with a new lil person. Denny made a new playmate with Peter, a child of a couple who were here on their family vacation visiting from Canada. Denny was very active today. He babbled some and talked through Cheryl's Sunday school class. Denny would take his alphabet book and start reading the words aloud. When he wasn't doing that, my sweet Denny was sharing his snacks and his books with Peter. They were both soooo cute!! Denny is 14 months and Peter is 16 months and both of them were speaking words so clearly..especially the word apple..which just happens to be one of Denny's favorite foods. Kids are so precious.

3: For the first time, Denny discovered how to go up and down the stairs. During Cheryl's Sunday school class, Denny went up the stairs and when it was time to come down he soon realized his plight. My lil quick study trooper didn't despair...as I and many others watched in awe...he figured it out and carefully came down. When he realized his accomplishment, he went up and down the stairs a few more times (practice I suppose) to ensure he nailed it.

4: Denny discovered what its like to be a mechanic!! HA!! Well not.. Quite. today while I was snapping pictures outside at church, Denny discovered a soccer ball was hiding under the van which neither of us saw. (My sis and bro-in law) Being so swift and determined, he crawled under the van to get the ball.( he loves to play ball) I freaked a bit but I got a snapshot of it because it was something I wanted to remember. Luckily it wasn't so scary because the van wasn't on but I've come to terms with motherhood and being subject to any freak accident involving my child... I'm not willing to entertain..This will not happen again.

5: I discovered Denny is a poop machine.. Denny pooped 6 times today...That's a record!! I changed 4 and Walter changed 2 (Mommy's are always stuck with the lot) .....I'm pretty pooped out!!lol The food goes in and shortly thereafter it is out.. He is running through diapers like mad. You can bet I am looking forward to Potty training!!

6: Denny discovered the Rain! Today, it rained and the my lil outdoors-man decide to push the screen door open- go outside and play in the rain. He was so excited to see the rain and feel it on his hands.. It was fun to watch these simple but priceless moments. What a blessing !!
Check out the video below!


All in all, Today was quite interesting. It's such a blessing to be a mother and a parent to Denny. It is without a doubt the best calling ever. If every smile Denny brings to my face were worth a dollar, I'd surely be very very rich and even without out it I've discovered I still feel richly blessed. I'm looking forward to all his new future discoveries!

1 comment: