Monday, April 5, 2010

Holiday!!! Celebrate!!











I love holidays!!!! (I'm sure everyone agrees) The way I see it is that a holiday is not a good day unless you get to do something enjoyable. In that case, Good Friday was not much of a holiday for us because we were stuck home and as I earlier indicted I worked for the early part of the morning. I resolved that on Easter Monday I would not be subject to this dilemma and I would make sure I was not stuck home. So today I wanna be a "beach babe" meaning I want to go chill out at the beach, which I haven't done since Denny was about 7 or 8 months old. It was also another opportunity for family time(LONG OVERDUE) and I knew Denny would enjoy it..(he loves to play in the water)


So the three stooges got ready to go..yayyy.. accompanied by my sister, her husband , and Lorna. On the way to the beach, we were famished so we stopped at the fairly new restaurant called "Bahama Grill." The food is pretty good.. We had some BBQ ribs, french fries, coleslaw and cornbread.....(yum!!) So after getting the grub, we headed to the beach..."Goodman's Bay." I was so happy that the spot we found was not too crowded and were we parked at a great view. At that spot before we headed to the beach spot were some seagulls....Denny is absolutely fascinated with seagulls... We stayed there a bit to eat and feed the seagulls. Lorna walked with Denny so he could get closer to the birds. It was so funny because I thought the seagulls would eat some of my sour strawberries but turns out they would pick em' up and then chuck them out....even they could tell how horrible those strawberries were.


After we ate we headed to the beach shore... We found a pretty good spot and spread out a sheet on the sand. My only gripe was that there was this house there and the public beach was behind the house and the owners of the home acted a bit annoyed when we sat in front of their on the sand.." Asking "How may we help you? " whatever..it was funny because another lady sitting there said with wise crack humor "Yeah..How about a grill?" (serves her right ...its not her beach .. and we weren't bothering her geesh...I won't let that spoil my day ) The sun felt so good on my skin and the weather was sure to fool us because the sea water was cold.. It took us a while to get use to it... Denny also was really clingy and sleepy but he was still happy to be out. Denny was a bit congested and dipping him in the sea water was a good fix to bring down the mucus.. He held onto me the whole time and the cold water had him shivering...poor baby!!! Walter took a while before he came in and when he he was chicken to dip in the cold water. We would splash him with the water and he would run. To make matters worse a sea crab hidden in the sand clamped his toes. We also got a tickle out of that as we frantically moved away from it...you could see it as it ruffled up the sand underwater. Fun!!

So finally, my brother-in -law wanted to get Walter in the water so he got a hold of him and they playfully wrestled until Walter ended up lifting Alex and still fell in when they were in a shuffle. It was good laugh.

Well it was getting late and we wanted to get back home so we could get ready to go to the movies to watch "Why did I get married too." So we got out the water and headed home. When we got home.. I got rested for a bit...took a bath and got Denny cleaned up. My Mom is going to babysit tonight so that is a blessing. Getting ready was a pain.. It took me forever to find clothing... Walter got so upset because I like ram-shack the closet to find a jacket..which by the way I never found.(that drama is a whole other story) Finally, we got ready and shortly thereafter we left for the theater. The Movie for that night was sold out so can you imagine how full the the theater was and it is a good thing we got there a bit early to get seats.

The movie was good and very entertaining. I kept my eyes glued to the screen the whole time.. I laughed, cried and laughed some more. I am sure everyone married can relate to some of the situations in this movie.. I know I can!! Tyler Perry is very talented.... and I'm looking forward to the rest of his work.
When we arrived home Denny was out like a light and we had a very good night!
To end on this note ... I can't wait till the next Holiday..




No comments:

Post a Comment