Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter feast!

Today, I am feeling very grateful to be reminded that my Lord loved me enough to die for me. This season has renewed me and my understanding that I need to be more responsible and accountable for the person I am today. Jesus believed that I was deserving of the chance to prove myself ...and that I will do!

Early this morning, I got up really early(5:30am) and went to work. The task at hand was to sell the rest of the Hot cross buns we made. My Boss (who just happens to be my older sister), nephew and myself headed to the ramp at Montagu Beach, where all my fellow last minute Bahamian peeps go to buy fish to prepare for the Good Friday Holiday. We had to take advantage of the opportunity and that we did. (Not to toot my own horn) I must say that yesterday and today I really showed mad saleswoman skills. It is not easy to approach strangers and try to convince them to buy but somehow I found my nitch and I used my spunky personality to do it. The response was awesome and more importantly I enjoyed making other people smile. At the end of it, we were happy to sell all and they were happy to eat those yummy buns and so was I. I must of ate like a bunch... bad girl.. worst thing is I have a gluten intolerance so I really should have avoided those buns but they were soooo irresistible!

To end the day, I had my fried fish, beans n' rice, coleslaw and potato salad and oh yeah a bun again yikes!!! Don't worry, I am back to running this coming week but it was all worth it.

p.s. Walter and Denny really enjoyed those buns too!!

1 comment:

  1. lol cool story i thought i was the only one who didnt listen to my body. I have sn intolerance for lactose and i crave ice cream and then pay for it later.

    ReplyDelete