Monday, May 17, 2010

Ready to diet?!?!


Is this phrase an interrogative or an exclamatory statement! This phrase can register both ways to me but it often feels like it has a negative connotation. Let me elaborate a bit. The Question.. meaning are you really ready to make a change in the way you eat and lose those unwanted pounds? Statement meaning ..I'm excited, pumped and ready to do what needs to be done to get rid of this weight. This is what actually registers in my brain .."Are you ready to DIE-YET? Drop the e-y and it spells D-I-E-T.. LOL... Seriously! All I do is cringe when I think about the pain of exercising and the tiny meal portions. UGH! There is a rotten stigma behind dieting and recent studies have shown that it doesn't work. Forbidden fruit is always more tempting! I believe that to be true because to lose weight is really in part mental energy and the minute you tell yourself that you are going on a diet ...your body automatically goes on strike! I'm not that naive and I now that a "diet" doesn't actually mean starving yourself and that exercising is actually very relaxing once you make an effort to stay motivated but it is just sooo difficult.


I have been battling my weight from day one and it has created a paranoia against weight gain with lots of thanks to family and friends who keep me aware on a regular basis. (mhmm.. calling no names!) I messed up my scale by killing off the suggested life span weighing in 2-3 times a day... lol! Oh yes.. and I can't forget the media that has brainwashed me to believe that some bodies are so perfect. Which is partly true because some people have been blessed with good genes but poor, unfortunate me at a mere 5 foot 5 inches tall has "Miss Short n' Stubby" waiting for me right down my alley and that's one encounter I don't want or need. lol.. Those magazines are so convincing and only a fool who didn't know better wouldn't know they were retouched...I'm still a bit of a fool though because I have bought so many magazines with a claim to a quick slim dame. Crazy thing is I know what works but the idea of a quick fix is so much more appealing. I'm pretty gullible at times and I would try almost any diet fad... I even tried the "Master Cleanse" for 11 days and dropped a few pounds.. that was crazy..no food for 11 days replaced with a lemon water, cayenne pepper- liquid solution.. I don't know yet how I did that while working full-time at a restaurant. My cousin's ex husband saw me after it and said " You butt look likes it went on vacation!" lol .. I even tried Weight Watchers which was good but just hard to keep up the points thingy and measuring is a pain. I could tell you about more but you just might think I'm insane..lol Honestly sometimes I think if I were one of those silly celebs, I might even go to the extreme and get some type of cosmetic surgery. Honestly!I know deep down these problems are born of insecurities and self -esteem issues which are definitely present here. It takes a lot of guts to admit that but I did... what a relief.!


For quite sometime I've been in an emotional rut especially this past week....Inside me there is a hole that seemingly has no bottom. At work I've become an unwise snackeroo(emotional eating) and it is definitely a sabotage to my plan to lose these last 25-30 lbs. I'm tickled to think..Why couldn't I be just the opposite..you know? Those people who don't eat when they are stressed and then they drop a bunch of weight..lol.. Nursing Denny has been a plus and minus. Plus+ because of the bonding and my little milk vampire has aided me a lot in my post baby weight loss. Thanks Denny! Without this I might have been a "Rollie-Pollie -Ollie..lol ! Minus- because so badly I want to try the hCG diet but I can't while I'm still nursing. I've read some positive reviews but I'm still a bit skeptical but willing to take the risk only because a few months back before all the recent hype, I read the "As seen on tv" book by Kevin Trudeau..called "THE WEIGHT LOSS CURE.."They" don't want you to know about.." (my bro..gave me the book to read) I loved the book and it was so informative with the basis of his study which was.... hCG in the form of injections. I was convinced to try but when I realized how expensive and demanding it was to follow, I concluded this was not a poor man diet and was not for me. So I put on the brakes to that idea but then just recently I saw the link on another blog about the hCG diet and I decided to check that out...Turns out someone clever jumped on the idea and made an affordable hCG oral drops alternative to the injections. ( I would have hated needles anyway) So here it is now .. a light bulb came on in my head..and I'm about ready to go Gung -Ho into this. but like I said the nursing thing..yeah! So that is on hold at the moment ..I've tried weaning Denny to no avail. Although, I do work more regularly now and his feeding are not as frequent but the minute I step through the door from work, Denny mauls me for it and seeing that precious face along with his polite manners "MAMA..please?" How could I not give in? He is worth the sacrifice... For the moment!lol I know he will stop eventually and the minute he does..I'm goes full speed to hCG!


Most importantly, I know that dieting is about changing your lifestyle into making making wiser choices, exercising for health and well-being. Denny isn't much of a picky eater and that is why even now as his mother I want to encourage him to eat more healthy and not get him hooked on fast food. I know that this bad habit is one of the many reasons why so many young children and adults are obese. If the Lords will it, I really want to be around to watch my son grow up and hopefully teach his children the same health guidelines. So for now..no I not going to DIE-YET..OR DIET ..I'm just going to make better choices for myself and my family... Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. interesting post dede i am going to make a response to it on my blog, i was gonna make the comment here longer, but it turned out to be way too long so when i have time i will just add it to my blog. anyways you look great dont become obsess with dieting because in the end it does more harm than good.Like you said its about making healthy choices.. anyways take care

    ReplyDelete